Sunday, April 1, 2012

One of my favorite hobbies is running. Not only do I run for exercise but it makes me feel 10 times better about everything. It relieves my stress, relaxes me, and makes me feel happy and energized. Anytime I'm having a rough day or a lot on my mind, I look forward to getting out and going for a run. My dad got me into running when I was in high school; he is a great runner and has run a couple marathons. He's in his fifties and could out run me any day! I think running a marathon would be awesome and something I would love to say I accomplished. Hopefully one day we'll do one together. Typically I run short runs, about 2-3 miles in my neighborhood, during the week with my dog; then, on the weekends my dad and I go out and run up to my old high school which is about 5-6 miles. I hope to keep up my routine of running because it is great for my health and keeps me in shape and stress free!

1 comment:

  1. It's great you and your dad share an interest. My husband is a triathlete and also runs marathons and half marathons. I will be doing a 5K in May (I may jog a little, but walk most of it). I am trying to jog some as I am walking, so maybe one day I can do a half-marathon.

    ReplyDelete